Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Giving a helping hand

I've always wanted to volunteer or do community services to help the less privileged or the sick but never had the chance to due to studying and being away from home...

Now that I'm back I would really love to begin BUT it proved to be not that easy!

such organizations here in Kuwait don't have websites (the only one I found and supposed to have all the links wasn't updated since 2003!!!) and they don't publish coming events or even seek volunteers making it hard to find them or know what's required...

Any idea on how to start?

You're welcome to share any activities/experiences you had of volunteering or any thoughts on the subject :)

8 comments:

Peony said...

well, you can always try to go to Kuwait's Red Cresent.. Or what about KACCH ? If i'm not mistaken, their headquarters is in Al Amiri hospital. But the catch is that their working hours are only during the day..
& there was this thing on TV, Operation Hope, where they provide workers with clothes and stuff.. bs their website its still under-construction
www.kuwaitoperationhope.com

neways, hope i helped ;p gdlck !

Anonymous said...

www.krcs.net =)

Yazeed said...

u could check out the children of cambodia photo exh at bait lothan
last day is saturday
from 6-9pm

good luck

Chubby Femme said...

how about the Chubby Femme "make a chubby girl feel glamorous" foundation?

it might not be of high priority.. but it's a cause ;)

Anonymous said...

hello ;p
y dont u try loyac? they have sumthing called "service is my joy"
www.loyac.com

CuddleCakes said...

Welcome all :)


peony:

I really liked what KACCH offers thanks!
operation hope sounds interesting... I'm happy that such caring hearts still exist out there


fayoora:

the red crescent is a good idea as well... thanks dear


yazeed:

ya I'd love to check it out... thanks a lot


chubby femme:

I'll always be happy to participate in such a cause ;)


samboosa:

hi :)
I wanted to but it's available only to teens :( my sister joined them last summer and she loved it

UmmEl3yal said...

For Humanitarian help I suggest KACCH, The KRCC and just going to the special needs schools (المعاهد الخاصة) offering help.

For community serivce I suggest The Graduates Society.

For animals rights: PAWS and the Kuwait Animal Friends.

Hope that helps ;)

CuddleCakes said...

ummel3yal:

You've mentioned some exciting places that I've never thought about...thanks for your help dear :)